Thursday 13 November 2014

Lil T's Current Top 10 Music List

I take my son's music education very seriously. He loves music, and seems to be legitimately moved by it. He sings, he rocks, he smashes instrumenmts - he even does "interpretive dance". He's quite a good dancer actually, much better than his daddy.

But I love music. Always have. I have a fairly expansive music collection, and it truly contains genres of every type. While it is natural for me to gravitate towards things that I like musically, I try to put a steady diet of different things at Tommy's fingerprints... or eardrums I guess.

I don't think Tommy is quite capable of comprehending a Top 10 list yet, so I can't ask him, but here is a list of what it SEEMS like his top 10 current favorites are. You may be surprised...

1. Hot Dog - Led Zeppelin



2. Heartbeat - It's A Lovebeat - The Defranco Family



3. Drift Away - Dobie Gray



4. Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin



5. Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III



6. Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - Vicki Lawrence



7. Let it Go - Frozen Soundtrack



8. Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat



9. Stuck in the Middle - Stealers Wheel



10. Tonight You Belong To Me - Billy Rose  - but made infinitely famous recently by this awesome YT video of a dad and his 4y old little girl. Precious. Nice work fellow Thug Daddy.




So much music to put in front of him, so little time. Tommy is currently developing a penchant for 70s rock.

Shocking.

One thing that shines through regardless of the genre though, is happiness. Music makes Tommy happy. Daddy too.

After all, music feeds the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment